Friday, September 9, 2011

Peanut Butter Oreo Pies

Let me just say that I love Oreos....



anddd peanut butter


So I figured that together they would be even better. Am I right?

When I saw this recipe on 
Picky Palate I had to try them.


Unfortunately, in my opinion they did not taste as good as they looked. Don't get me wrong, these could probably be amazing but the pie crust sucked out all my sweetness. I have a major sweet tooth so, to me they were not sweet enough and the main flavor was the pie crust. If I make these again I'm going to sweeten them up a bit. Thats why if you plan on making this add some extra sugar on top or inside 
(or anywhere).

Or you could even make the pie crust really thin so then the crust doesn't triumph the Oreo&peanut butter.( This is probably better because we all know sugar = calories :/ eh)
and dip them in milk! They are very good with milk. It softens the crust.

Anyways...

This recipe requires only a few ingredients so I was even more excited to try them. Everyone loves an easy, quick recipe.


Ingredients:

2 pie crust ( the refrigerated kind you find at local grocery store)
A pack of ores ( around 16 for 8 pies)
Around 1 cup of creamy peanut butter ( but you don't have to measure, just scoop it out of the jar)
2 tablespoons of melted butter
2 tablespoons of granulated sugar


1. First preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray your muffin pan.
2.Unroll pie crust. I rolled mine out to make it larger.
3. Make about a 4inch circle in the pie crust and press into pan.
4. Spread about 1 tablespoon of peanut butter on top of an Oreo and then stick an Oreo on top of the    peanut butter. Then add some more peanut butter on top of that Oreo.
5. Press cookies in pie crust.
6. Using remaining pie crust, cut strips to make lattice top. ( for photo instructions visit Picky Palate). 
7. Brush top of pies with melted butter and add lots of sugar!
8. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy
Sugar Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment