Wednesday, September 21, 2011

S'mores Cookie Bars


I was planning on making these this weekend but my brother( who, I must say eats EVERYTHING!) opened the Hershey's chocolate bar that I needed so I figured if I don't make them today I wont be left with any chocolate. 


Well, these are S'mores in the form of bars/cookies. It tastes exactly like the ones from a campfire. If your like me you know that theres a difference between the S'mores you make at a bonfire and the ones you make at home, on your stove.  I don't know, maybe its just me but there IS a difference!!


Again, another simple recipe. I got this from Lovin in the Oven.   Yea I know again, but I cant help it she just has some amazing recipes!


After you make the dough spread half of it in an 8x8 pan and place your chocolate bars on top.
As you can see, I am missing chocolate so I had to use chocolate chips:/


Cover with marshmallow fluff and then cover with dough.
The tricky part is getting it dough to spread, so I suggest that you use your hand to flatten the dough and then place it on top.

Do the best you can:)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (e.g. Hershey’s)
1 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)


Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare an 8x8 pan.
  2. Beat butter and sugar until fluffy and light. 
  3. Add egg and vanilla and beat until mixed well.
  4. Add the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, and salt and mix until well incorporated.
  5. Divide the dough in 2 and place one half of it into the pan. 
  6. Place the Hershey bars on top . ( I used the extra large chocolate bars so everything fit in perfectly.)
  7. Add the marshmallow fluff on top.
  8. Add the last layer of dough on top of the marshmallow. ( I suggest flattening out pieces of dough with your hand and then laying them on top of the marshmallow one by one.)
  9. Bake for about 30 minutes or until golden brown.

Enjoy,
Sugar Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment