Saturday, August 27, 2011

Peanut Butter Pretzel Brownies

So its been a really long time since I have posted something because my camera broke:(
but I did end up getting a new one . It took a really loooong time but better late than never right?
But we are back in business!

So, I have been craving brownies for the longest time but I didn't want to make just any kind of brownies....

I wanted to make these<3

Yea, yea I know my photography skills need some work but thats not the point.
The important thing that we need to focus on is how sweet... and salty... and crunchy and ..oh I can go on and on about these things! 

The point is you have to try these.


Its pretty simple.

Its a brownie in between a peanut butter layer and crushed pretzels.
I found the recipe from How Sweet it is


You have a preztel crust which actually becomes the top....well at least I think it looks better this way.

Heres the recipe:
Ingredients:



1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
2/3 cups chocolate chips (optional)
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
1/3 powdered sugar
1 3/4 cups crushed pretzel pieces
6 tablespoons butter, melted

1. First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare an 8x8 pan.
2.Combine pretzel crumbs with melted butter until pretzels are moist. Form pretzel crust in the pan and add more butter on top if pretzels seem loose.
3. In a separate bowl, add  butter and sugar and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs one at a time. 
4. Add the coca powder, flour, salt and mix until mixture is smooth. Add chocolate chips (optional).
5.Then, spread brownie mixture on top of pretzel crust and bake for about 25 minutes or until brownie is well baked.
6. After the brownie is baked, you add the peanut butter layer. 

To make the peanut butter layer, melt peanut butter in microwave and then add powdered sugar. Mix until sugar has dissolved. Pour on top of brownies and refrigerate until layer is hard.

Enjoy ,
Sugar Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment