Thursday, September 15, 2011

BOMB Cookies

So today I asked my little brother what he felt like eating?
He said cookies so I decided to make him these Pillow cookies from Divine Baking.  Lovely little blog.

Anyways I have made these before but using a different recipe and lets just say they did not come out quite as I would have expected. But thankfully this recipe did not disappoint like the last one:)

Yet they did not come out looking like the ones on Divine Baking's Blog either.
They came out HUGE!!

Thats where the name BOMB cookies comes in hehe:)
My mom actually came up with the name. I'm not sure how Divine Baking formed the cookies but who's complaining, everyone loves a huge cookie!

Well for those who don't know a Bomb Cookie (aka pillow cookie) is a chocolate chip cookie with a brownie  center.

Sorry again about the photo. I really need help with those:(

but they really are good.



They came out pretty big and one of these bad boys should satisfy anyone!

Ingredients:

1 box of brownie mix (or you can make your own)

16 tbsp cold butter, cut into small cubes
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. First bake the brownie according to the instructions on the box. Let cool completely.
2. In a bowl, beat butter and sugar together until barley combined. Do not beat until creamy or fluffy.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
4. Add your flour, baking soda&powder,salt. Mix until dough forms.
5. Add chocolate chips. ( Just FYI, I added 2 cups and my brother said it was too much).
6. Put in the fridge until the brownies are done and cooled.

When you are ready to form these Bomb cookies, cut the brownies into squares about 1inch x 1 inch. Take some of the cookie dough in your hand and flatten it in your hand. Put the brownies on top and then add some more cookie dough on top. Spread the cookie dough all around, making sure the brownie is not showing. Repeat for all the other cookies.

My cookies came out really big and I only ended up with about 12 cookies. I think I needed to flatten out the dough more. The actual recipe is supposed to be for 24. It just depends on how much cookie dough you use per brownies. Well good luck and let me know how it goes!:)

Enjoy,
Sugar Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment