Friday, September 17, 2010

baking gone wrong!


Ok, so I always try to make things a little healthier and this time it was a big mistake! I tried to make walnut fudge. I got the recipe a while back but I can't remember exactly from where. Anywho, I subsituted fat free evaporated milk for just plain evaporated milk. I thought my adding fat free milk it should make it healthier in some way right? Well my fudge did not come out as fudge exactly.....




First I got all my ingredients ready.




yep lots of chocolate chips!
Pour in your sugar,evaporated milk and butter over medium heat
Add chocolate and marshmallow
It might look funny but keep stirring!
See!
Pour in pan and put to chill

This fudge might look okay but looks can be deceiving because when I picked it up it was as soft as goo....


But it was still yummy of course. It just didn't set correctly. But I don't like to let things go to waste so I used it to make a Peanut butter and Fudge sandwich:)

All I did was  take two pieces of bread and on one I spread peanut butter, while on the other fudge. I put it on a skillet and let it get soft and chocolaty
It was good yet so bad!
 But don't be afraid to try this fudge recipe, just make sure you don't use fat free evaporated milk, use the regular one. The taste came out really good too it just didn't harden enough. Here's the recipe:


Walnut Fudge


  • 7 ouces of marshmallow cream
  • 1 1/2 cups white sugar
  • 2/3 cup evaporated milk
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1. First line an 8x8 pan with foil
2. In a large sauce pan over medium heat combine butter sugar and evaporated milk. Bring to a full boil and cook for 5 minutes stirring constantly.( very important to cook for those 5 minutes!)
3.Remove from heat and pour chocolate chips and marshmallow creme and stir until everything is smooth.
4. Stir in nuts and vanilla. Pour in pan and allow to chill in fridge for at least two hours or until firm.

I hope yours comes out better than mine. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment